Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Goodbye Haley...We love you

Haley at Halloween as Elvis
Haley's first hike


Today has been a tough day. As many of you know, Michael and I have a chocolate lab named Haley. Last night she was hit by a car and died. We took her to the pet hospital and there was nothing they could do as she had internal bleeding. We are so sad, she was the GREATEST dog. We got Haley a month after we were married 5 years ago. She went everywhere with us, she was our "first baby." We loved that dog so much, it has been like losing a family member. I posted a couple of pictures, I couldn't do anymore, it was just too hard looking at them. She was such a happy, spirited dog. She loved to eat Nerds (one at a time gently out of my hand!), swim in the Belhaven pond, do her tricks (which included "speaking softly" which was a quiet bark, SO cute), hanging out in Michael's office, going for rides in the car, the list is endless. We have so many great memories with her, it is so hard to believe she is gone. So hug your dogs tonight, rub their bellies, bring them inside from the cold, and take them for that walk you have been meaning to take them on.

12 comments:

chris anne said...

i am so sorry. i can't imagine if something happened to our dog. she sure was a pretty dog. labs are awesome. i'm so sorry!

Becky said...

I am so sorry :( It makes me teary eyed just to hear about it.... people without pets just do not understand how much we love them... they really do become a part of your family! I'll be thinking about you.

Jillina said...

Oh I'm so sorry.

Laurie said...

I am so sorry courtney. It is a sad loss and we will be thinking about you guys

Angie said...

I'm so sorry, Courtney! I know your heart must feel so heavy right now. Pets are a part of the family, and I know it must be so hard to lose her. I will be thinking of you.

Lindsay said...

I am so sad. She was such a beautiful dog and sounds like a great friend too!

Lindsay said...

I am so sad. She was such a beautiful dog and sounds like a great friend too!

The Hadfields said...

Oh Courtney I am so sorry! It's like loosing a family member. Hope each day gets better.

Stacy said...

Oh my goodness....how sad! What fun memories with Haley you posted.

Stacy said...

Oh my goodness....how sad! What fun memories with Haley you posted.

Charlie and Jennifer Senn said...

Courtney & Michael - I have not been able to check the blogs this week, so I hadn't heard the sad news. I am so sorry. Charlie and I are both thinking of you. That's just so terribly sad.

Abigail and Ansley said...

I am so sorry! Unfortunately, the same thing happened to us with our black lab, Callie, a few months after the girls were born. I love the pictures!