Sunday, April 29, 2007

My Hobby...

Abalone shell horn earring with sterling silver ear wire.
Chinese carved Cinnabar beads with sterling silver ear wire.
Crystal bead and blue quartz bead with sterling silver ear wire.
Camel colored quartz bead with gold fill ear wire. (these look so cute on)
Gold fill leaf stamping with gold fill ear wire.

I have finally revisited my hobby of jewelry making. There for a while I was pretty busy with a newborn so all of those time consuming things fell by the wayside. I still am not back to it 100%, I am just back to making earrings. They are pretty easy to make and take less time than necklaces. I started making jewelry about a year and a half ago. When Michael and I went to Australia we went to several markets where local people would sell their "crafts." Anyway, at this one stand you would pick out what you wanted your necklace made out of and they would make it right there. I watched them do a few and thought...I can do this. So when we got back home I got on the internet, looked at some beading magazines, and got started. I ended up loving to do it and I actually sold many pieces. So I posted a few pictures of some earrings I made last week. The earrings really look better on, but I couldn't photograph them just right. They really aren't anything special, but I like them and they took maybe 30 minutes to make them all. I really would like to get back into it and sell some! I am also thinking about taking some classes at a local bead shop. Oh yeah, I called my jewelry CAK (or cake) which are my (maiden name) initials. Kind of cheesy, but whatever.

14 comments:

The Hadfields said...

They're all awesome!! I'm so impressed!! I'll buy one of each from you!! :)

Jillina said...

Love that! Ok how can I buy some? Really.

Dee-Dee said...

I'm glad you're revisiting this talent you have. I am looking forward to modeling some CAK jewelry! The party was fun - I'll post some pictures soon...

Misty George said...

I would love a pair! Just let me know how much and where to send hte check!

Becky said...

Yes... give us prices! Those are great! I will buy some, too! :) You should have someone do a really simple website for you to show them all off!

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

What a talent! Those are great!!!

Angie said...

How cute! I had no idea you did that.

Sarah said...

I'm jumping on board too! Sign me up for some! Beautiful! Love, Sarah

Ryan said...

They are beautiful as always!!! I'm glad you're finding time to do some "Courtney" things!!! In answer to your comment...Mary Paul is not so picky about how the cereal is made as long as its warm.

Charlie and Jennifer Senn said...

All of you girls are so talented! I'm really into these earrings too...I probably need a pair to model also. I'll pay of course!

Ashley & Bobby said...

You are so talented! The earrings are awesome.

Jillina said...

Hey I switched my blog to private, just email me at mjcabs03@yahoo.com and I'll let you back in.

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

bummer - i was going to make your veggie concoction, but couldn't find the lipton stuff you mentioned. where do you find it?

Anonymous said...

you should try to sell some of your jewelry on etsy.com!