Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Bed...

We are about to transition Will to a "big boy" bed. Mom was here all last week helping me paint Will's room and nursery, furniture, etc. We got a lot done! Thanks mom (and dad - he came over the weekend and helped too!). Anyway the bed was quite a saga. The weekend before my mom came I went to Atlanta to shop for some furniture. We went to Scott's Antique market where I could have spent a FORTUNE! They have so many great things there. Anyway, I found this bed (below). Loved it. I asked the guy...it is a standard twin, right? Oh yes maam...blah blah blah. So I am excited...

Well we get home paint it, distress it, have it all ready to go. We put it together - looks oh so cute. We put the box springs on or try rather...bed is TOO SHORT and TOO NARROW. I was not happy. So long story short we run around town looking for metal rails to fit - no such luck. What are we going to do??? I can't take it back and am not paying for custom made mattresses... The original bed rails ran along side the bed like panels almost and hooked into the headboard and footboard. So Michael ended up having to make new side rail panels and bolt them too the bed. You can still see I haven't painted those yet! He saved the day and wasn't too upset with me - haha! Should have measured it huh! I think all in all it turned out cute!
Still nothing on the walls and I think I am going to do white drapes...
Loving his new bed! He was also VERY excited his Uncle Kyle came to see him! If he said his name once he said it a 1000 times!


13 comments:

Becky said...

Ooooh! The bed looks great, but I would be SO mad too! Glad you got things taken care of! Little Will looks so sweet laid out on the bed. Hope you're feeling good!

Ryan said...

The bed looks great!!! Good luck!!! Mary Paul's transition went very well. I can't wait to see pictures of the nursery!!!

Dee-Dee said...

Oh so cute!!! Love it - you guys did a great job on the walls and bed. His bedding is great! Good job, Michael, on the handiwork, too! Oh - you were right - Will's hair is definitely longer than Beau's now...kind of funny!

Mandy said...

Everything looks great!!!! I love the bed - you and your Mom did a fabulous job and so did Michael in saving the day! I know you all loved having them there that week! Can't wait to see the nursery!

Kelly said...

Love it! I really love the wall color...I have been wanting to paint a room chocolate brown and seeing how good Will's room looks I am even more inspired:)
Glad he loves the bed. Cade is still doing great in his. We have only had two nights of finding him standing in our room- ha!

lyla said...

so cute! i love the brown walls and his cute bed. not to mention i am SO jealous you got to go to scott's. you stinker.

Jodi Brinkley said...

Turned out beautifully! Hope he adjusts to it quickly.

King Family said...

I love the bed. You did a great job. Glad Michael is handy and was able to fix it. I hope Will does well with the transition. I am sure Uncle Kyle loved having his named called 1000 times.

Ann Wells said...

Looks great. I'm sure Will will do great in the big boy bed. I am getting ready to paint some furniture. Hopefully it looks as good as your does. I'll let you know. can't wait to see the Nursery

Elizabeth said...

The room looks adorable. I didn't know they made anything smaller than a twin! Glad that you figured out how to make it work.

The Edinburgh Community said...

Seriously ... how many mattresses can you guys buy without consulting me!!

Just kidding...

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

cute! your stripes look like ours, a little! has he fallen off yet??

Heather said...

What a pain! It looks great though. Hope he does well! :)