Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Pictures finally...

We got our bags! Yea! I really don't feel that I took enough pictures on our trip! Michael really is the better camera man - I just...forget. We did get a few good ones though. I just picked out a few, well 15 actually. :) We had SO much fun! Not only was being in San Francisco fun, but seeing all of our old friends from residency was SO great! Michael and I miss them so much! My good friend Lori and I used to hang out pretty much everyday so I had (and still do) have Lori withdrawls :) We did lots of shopping, site seeing, eating, walking, and enjoying our friends! Oh yeah, it was also really nice to sleep in!!!! In the meantime Will had a blast with his grandi and grandad - he has come home with a lot of new "tricks."



Top of Lombard Street (the really crooked street)...I didn't get to see the cool part. There is just too much to see and do in San Fran.
I know I look retarded in this picture, but I thought this car was really funny and I LOVE Lindt chocolate!
The girls at dinner...Rachel, me, Courtney, and Lori. We were at McCormick and Kuleto's - delicious seafood and a beautiful view of the Golden Gate!

Andy, Courtney, me, Michael, Lori, and Allan in Sausalito with a view of the city behind us.
I can't believe this is the only picture I took of the Golden Gate Bridge...
Michael and I at North Beach Restaurant - very good italian.
Lori and I spent one day shopping in a neat area of San Francisco called Cow's Hollow.
Our hotel the Westin St. Francis. It was so convienent right in Union Square.


Michael and I in the cable car...I wonder if one of those has ever lost it's brakes and flown down one of those RIDICULOUS hills! Those streets are CRAZY and so are the cab drivers. We never had a normal driver. I SERIOUSLY feared for our lives a few times.
Lori and I at Alfred's Steak House.
We had a picnic one day in this really neat park...I don't know the name of it.
So pretty! This was on the road somewhere between Sonoma and Sausalito.
Sausalito
Michael, Andy, Tim, Allan, and Robert at AQUA. A very nice restaurant, but the food was WAY too fancy. You know like the citibank commercial - where the girl gets a tiny chicken leg, a slice of a mushroom, and a piece of asparagus. I like "pretty" food, but this food had wayyyyy too much thought put into it, you know what I mean. My fish still had the scales - they said it makes it crispy, ugh.


17 comments:

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

SF is a fun trip. Lots to see and do. Glad you got your bags back! You are right, that is a sad picture of the Golden Gate!

Mandy said...

Your pictures are so good! I'm glad you got your bags back and that you had a wonderful trip! I told you that you would love San Fran! I just can't get over that you came home to that much snow - at least when you move to TN you'll have snow, but not like that!!!

Ryan said...

Glad you had a fun time!!! I envy the sleeping in.

Dee-Dee said...

It looks like a pretty place. I know you were happy to see all of your friends. I really can't remember the last time I got to sleep in. Sad, but true. Someday...

Amanda Conley said...

Great pictures! I've beeen lots of places in California but I've never made made it to San Fran! Your pictures really made me want to go!

The Hadfields said...

How fun!! What a great trip for you two. Looks like you made some really good friends...
Love the pics!!

lyla said...

How fun!! love all the pictures! i haven't been there since i went with my parents in high school during "gay pride week"...i saw some things i will NEVER forget (but would like to :) it's such a neat place. looks like you guys had fun and like michael had time to enjoy it too. got my earrings today--love them--thanks a million! love ya!

Jodi Brinkley said...

So glad you guys had fun! I love San Francisco!!! All your beautiful pictures make me want to go back.
BTW-I really like your hair.

caroline G said...

VERY COOL!!! Your pictures are great. You have the best hair. So Shiney!

Jennifer said...

Great pictures! Looks like you had a great time catching up with your friends! I love San Fran! Glad that you and Michael had fun and finally got your luggage!

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

what a fun time!!

thesemanchiks said...

What beautiful pictures!! Great trip!! I know you missed Will, but isn't also nice to have a little couple time!? We are going back to Cali in a few weeks! Can't wait! Oh and thank goodness you finally got your bags back...
Have a great week!

Becky said...

Love your pictures!!! -San Fran... ahh how nice!!!! :) And I would never eat the fish scales either... barf. I once had a fish served to me with it's head still attached and I almost died!!!!!!!

Heather said...

GIRL....how can you go to the Golden Gate Bridge and only take 1 picture?!? Watching the sunset behind that majestic man-made wonder it breathtaking. 1 picture..come ON?!? When I took Heather there I drove her crazy with taking pictures..I couldn't help it. Amazing sights everywhere you turn. San Fran is a cool town and 10-4 on the scary cab drivers...WOW!!! I had more faith in the old cable cars!!

Chris T.

Angie said...

Great pictures. You look so good. Congrats on surviving a week without your baby! :)

Griner Mom said...

Glad you guys had a great time! San Fran is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

AH! Fond memories of my honeymoon seeing your pictures. From the tree, it looks like the neat park is Alamo Square. If you were in/near the Victorian District, could see the Seven Sisters, and the park had some interesting things like plants in an old high heel shoe, then definitely the right park. If not, maybe you were in Golden Gate Park - very large, lush greenery and gorgeous! Your mom was especially cute with Will - she LOVED every minute of it.