Saturday, May 31, 2008

Too funny...

You can still enter the drawing the previous post (since I am not drawing until Sunday night) - but I had to go ahead and put this on the blog so I don't forget! Whenever I get around to doing the blurb blog book I want this in there. Anyway....

Last night it was storming and of course the thunder woke Will up so we put him in bed with us. He laid down between us and was quiet (I assumed he had fallen asleep). Then a big bolt of lightening flashed and we hear Will say, "Coooool!" Of course Michael and I cracked up! He has been saying cool for a while, but he would usually say it about a car or a pair of his shoes because I will always say "cool car" or "cool shoes." So Michael and I weren't sure if he could use it in the right context...obviously he can! Also when it would thunder he would kind of whimper and I would say, "it's okay..." so from then on everytime it thundered he would say "okaaayee." It was really cute. Needless to say we didn't get much sleep last night. I had to eventually put him back in his bed after the storm passed!

8 comments:

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

That is funny! I would be cracking up too. How cute!

lyla said...

hilarious! i can bet your kids will know how to use the word "cool" in the proper context. one of my cousin's kids had been to see indiana jones (he's 6) last week and we had a horrible storm on the farm on mem'l day--he was looking at the lightning and said, "what in the hell is going on here!?" something he'd heard from the movie... kids are pretty funny.

Dee-Dee said...

Kids are so cute when they start talking and saying things in the right context. I know that was adorable - I wish I could have heard it!!!

Ryan said...

How funny...he is so sweet, Courtney. It was great to see you guys this past weekend!!!

Jodi Brinkley said...

too cute! Reagan's word was WOW. In fact, her first real time using it was in the middle of church when she looked at your dad's ring.

kma said...

We had a less cute night as a result of the storms! HA!No one slept! Kelly

Angie said...

So sweet!

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

funny!!