Thursday, July 10, 2008

Getting settled...

We have spent the week getting settled in. Michael is already working a lot so it has been Will and I hanging out. Luckily one of my friends from Jackson is here and we have been getting together. We have kids the same age so it has been great to have some company! :) Of course I haven't taken any pictures, ugh.

As I said in an earlier post my mom and dad came up to help us unpack. My mom actually flew to Ohio to make the trip with us and watch Will during closing (which was a blessing because there were a few kinks to work out with the house!). So mom spent almost two weeks helping us out!!! Thank you mom and dad!!!!!! Seriously we would still be in boxes no doubt! Will had a great time with his Grandi and Grandad - LOTS of attention as usual. I know he hates it when they leave - he doesn't quite get away with everything he does with his grandparents..:)

Will has been a little clingy so I don't get much done around the house when he isn't napping! It is strange for him because he has always been pretty independent and likes to play with his cars etc. Maybe it is the new surroundings... He is saying a lot now and repeats everything you say. It is pretty cute.

Here are a few pics from the week!


Having fun with grandi and grandad (taking an unpacking break!)


I like this picture...
The day they left...Will cried (so did mom). It was so sad!
It has been rainy so Will has been trying out his galoshes (sp?)...
Havin' some juice...
My little man...
His butcher job of a haircut...I can't blame the girl. He moved his head every time she tried to make a cut. Oh well it will grow I guess.
Here is a semi-finished pic of the den. I still need to add some different pillows (which you can't see in this pic) to add some color to all the BROWN! I think I have every shade of brown in there!

21 comments:

Ryan and Michelle said...

Glad you got moved...It looks you are already making it your home! It looks beautiful. Love the haircut....priceless!

Jennifer said...

I love your new house! I am really impressed that you already have curtains and everything hanging! BTW, Will is too cute! I love the picture of him looking at the camera. It is so sweet!

kma said...

I LOVE brown! All looks great! Kelly

Julie said...

Your house looks great, but I wouldn't expect any less! Will is such a cutie!

lyla said...

looks fabulous! i can't believe you just moved in (well, yes i can, actually:) ! i love that armiore! when did you get that? you weren't lying whe you said the haircut was bad...pretty funny! great pictures! will is looking so big! does your mom want to adopt some granddaughters? two of them? named lilly and mamie? let me know.

Stacy said...

Can't wait to see more pictures of the house-the den looks good! Yes-I did get my necklace and am loving it-sorry I thought I emailed..old age is setting in. Good luck with all of the settling in!

Mandy said...

I love the house! Everything looks so wonderful! Will is looking more and more like Kyle!!! He's adorable! I talked to your mom the other day (for quite a long time) and she was telling me all about the house and what all you had done, etc...I can't wait to see it. Oh, and while I was talking to your mom, Nina was napping and Ethan... was helping himself to 9 PACKS OF SMARTIES!!!!!!! I should have called your mom back to tell her. Yes, 9 packs! He did take a nap that day thank goodness! Mom of the year, right here! Post more pictures of the house - have a great weekend!!!

Becky said...

The den looks fabulous!!!- you look so put together already! And love the Will pictures as usual!!

Heather said...

Everything looks so nice & I know you enjoyed having your Mom & Dad there. I'd love to see more pics of the house. :)
Hayden also got his hair butchered not long ago....and now it's just really short...oh well!!! ;)

Jodi Brinkley said...

It's looking beautiful! I know you guys are so excited. Too funny about the haircut. At least you can blame it on someone else. He's a cutie pie!

thesemanchiks said...

Love the pictures!! I can already tell the house is beautiful. I know you miss your parents. :( Have fun with Dee Dee and family :) Love ya!

Valerie said...

Cannot wait to see more pictures! Will is getting so big, he is so precious!!

Angie said...

You look so "together" already in the new house! I'm glad the move went well... except for the closing kinks. Thank goodness for grandparents who love to babysit! Those are some really sweet pictures with them!

Charlie and Jennifer Senn said...

Will is changing and growing. His smile seems different. I bet he'll like being closer to the grandparents. The den looks really good & the front door is pretty. I know everything looks great.

Wishing you a happy happy birthday!!!

King Family said...

I am so happy for you guys. I know it is nice to be settled. Your house looks beautiful. I can't wait to see more pictures. Will is so cute.

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

great house! I can't believe it looks like you've been there forever!

Shannon said...

Love the house and the pictures are great as always! Glad you are getting settled and can't wait to see you guys soon! Love the cut...been there done that!! hehe

jenni said...

your house looks great & i LOVE the sepia pictures of will--he's so cute!

guess i'll have to get used to my boys crying when my parents leave too??!!

Anonymous said...

love the little windows above your windows! very unique and i love the more light that gets in! jenn

Amanda Conley said...

Love the den! Brown is great!

Griner Mom said...

It takes a while to get settled in that is for sure! Everything is looking nice though. I know your parents love to come and see you guys, we ran into them and they were talking all about it!