Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Destin 2008




I hope I am not too annoying with all the pictures!  
Lilly, Will, and Mamie - I thought the look on Will's face in this picture is funny!  He is like "ewww girls..."
Will LOVED this ride at The Track!
Racecar!!!  That is what is what he said over and over!
So much fun we had to do it again!
Michael and Jon at Red Bar in Santa Rosa Beach...our tradition!
Me, Lyla, and Ashley at Red Bar.
Playing in the sand with Daddy.

He looks so small in this picture!
Loved the pool of course...

It was so hard to get pictures without us squinting in every picture!  We have to plan the time better next time!




We had so much fun at the beach this year.  We went with the Carmans and the Hollands and had a blast!  This was the 5th year that we have been going to Jon's parents house in Destin.  This year was much more enjoyable as the kids were older this year and enjoyed the sand and water.  However, dinner out was still not fun!  Haha!  We would leave the restaurant each night and one of us would say, "Yea, that really wasn't fun or relaxing at all..."  We all shoveled our food in and got out of there - it was funny!  Each night the kids rotated on who was going to have the meltdown... One night we did get a sitter from Nanny Can - it is a nanny service there.  I know what you are thinking - "How can you leave your children with a stranger!!!"  Well the lady that owns it has a government contract to service the military etc. down there and she said you wouldn't believe the red tape you have to go through with background checks, etc. to get that contract.  They sent a nice mother of two for the night and we put the kids down before we left and no one woke up!  It was great...I highly recommend it!  Oh yeah, the prices are VERY reasonable as well!   Worth every cent:)

Wish we were still there...


16 comments:

Becky said...

Yay for Destin!!! I love that place... totally wish we could have a 2nd home there!!!! Beautiful pictures and glad you had such a good trip! And I had to laugh at your dinners story... we were so the same way this past year with 2 babies at 6 months plus a 3 and a 5 year old- whew! :)

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

Sounds fun and what a great tradition that you have. Hopefully you can keep it up! The pictures are so cute and Will is looking so much older! But, he is still a cutie!

Elizabeth said...

Your pictures are always so great! The beach ones especially! Looks like a great trip. I can't quit thinking about red bar now! Yum!

Mandy said...

I love Destin! Your pictures are great - I love Will's jon jon...are those little pirates? It's so stinkin cute! I miss jon jons - I really want another boy! Anyway, I'm glad ya'll had another good year with your friends. The group picture is really good of everyone! I've decided that when you try to get a picture with the subjects looking at the camera, it just doesn't work - so my goal at the beach this year is to just get a good picture of the kids NOT looking at the camera. I think I'll have an easier time of that! Sorry we missed seeing you on your way back through - I know it was a quick stop. Maybe we will be in town together sometime this Fall or holiday time. Hope all is well! Oh, thanks for the earrings through Mel - they are PERFECT and go great w/ the necklace. Sorry for the forever long comment! Welcome back to the week after the beach - fun stuff!

Heather said...

Beautiful pics...look like a fun time! I love the one of Will laughing on the ride......

Heather said...

Me again....BTW....how are you liking your bangs? I see you have them pulled back in most pics.... ;)

Charlie and Jennifer Senn said...

Glad you had a fun trip. Enjoyed the pictures! We hope to be beach bound this weekend if the weather cooperates.

Angie said...

A nanny at the beach? Sounds very tempting!! :) Glad y'all had fun!

Dee-Dee said...

That one of Will laughing in that ride is hilarious! I am glad you guys had a fun, safe trip. It looks like you got lots of good sun and made some good memories with your friends! I love your white shorts (I wish I had gotten some now, those are those ones from AB, aren't they?) I love the ones of him in his little hat at the ocean, too. So sweet. Michael is looking trim - lots of bike riding? Too busy to eat? Miss you guys...

lyla said...

love the post and all the pics and LOVE nanny-can! thanks so much for treating us all to a night of babysitting--you guys are too sweet:) wish we were still there, too. i was so sad coming home. see you soon! we have to go to a UT game this year (or bristol :)

King Family said...

I love all the pictures. Will is so cute. I am glad you had a good time.

Jodi Brinkley said...

The pictures are wonderful. You guys really lucked out with the weather. You must frame the picture of you and Will where you're looking to the right. Beautiful!

Ryan and Michelle said...

Fun times...and great pics!

moshieraj said...

Great pictures! The best thing about these blogs are the pictures, so the more the better!!! It looks like you guys had a wonderful time, minus dinners out. When do those get relaxing??? When the kids are 16? It's so good to see pictures of Ashley. Please tell her hello for me!

The Hadfields said...

Great pics, I know you guys had fun!!

kma said...

Trips with friends are the best!!!! Looks like a great time!! Kelly