Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Cupcake Ideas...


A couple of my friends and I are giving a baby shower for one of our friends. It is a couple's shower. The shower will start at 7 pm so our plan is to have a meal (what we are not sure) and then for dessert we were just going to have a cake. Well I thought it would be cute to do cupcakes. I love cupcakes! Plus you don't have to worry about cutting a cake etc. Here are the cupcakes I want to do. I think they are so cute. However, my friend is having a girl and I don't know that I should do blue birds. Any suggestions??? I started surfing cupcake blogs for ideas, but got a little overwhelmed.

In other news, Will went to his first day of Mother's Morning Out last Friday. He loved it! He didn't cry when I left and neither did I!!! My friend Rachel takes her little girl to the same place and she went in and checked on Will. She said he was in an exersaucer and another baby boy had pulled up on it and they were baby talking and laughing at each other! I wish I had a picture or better yet seen it in person! I will say it was SOOOOOOO nice to have some time to myself to do whatever I wanted. Michael had given me a spa gift certificate for mother's day so I cashed that in on a brow wax (they were truly out of control) and a facial! It was so relaxing and just what I needed. He goes again on Friday, let's hope it goes well again!

14 comments:

The Lamberts said...

Russ starts Parents' Day Out in Sept at our church, and I'm thrilled! I think kids need that time to learn to socialize and take instructions from other adults. I'm glad you have found a place that Will loves! Sweet cupcakes...not sure about the blue birds, though. I guess there's no such thing as a pink bird?!

Anonymous said...

Hey - Will you email me and tell me about the mother's day out program? Talk to you later...Brooke!

Ryan said...

Congrats on the mother's day out...Iknow it will also be nice when you're packing. Maybe for the cupcakes you could use some little candy mold (like they have at Michael's) and put that in the center, or (I'm assuming that's coconut on top of the cupcake) you could use food coloring and dye the coconut pink and have yellow birds/chicks coming out of a pink next and use pink paper for the cupcake holder. You could make it green and put some kind of a flower on it or something.

Ryan said...

I know I just left a comment, but you could also just put pink jelly beans in the center, make it look like eggs.

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

Well, Ryan is the cook in our family so I will bypass the cupcake ideas. However, I know you enjoyed getting out for awhile. I wish I could help out with Ashley and Ryan more so that they could get out some. The three of us are running a 5K this weekend! Wish us luck.

Ann Wells said...

Here is a website/blogsite for cupcakes. they have a ton of links to different sites. this might help
cupcakestakethecake.blogspot.com

Angie said...

Those cupcakes are SO cute. They're so cute, I don't think I'd even care that it was a girl shower. Just put them on a pink tray!

Julie said...

The video of Will is hilarious! He's so cute!! Frances had her last day of school today-I'm going to miss that this summer! You're going to love having a little time to yourself, and I think it's great for them too!

Unknown said...

Will is 6 months old already?? Wow! Good for you, getting some time for yourself. Enjoy!

The Hadfields said...

I love those!! Maybe you could do pink birds!!
I love my alone time. It's so good to be able to take a break. I think you appreciate them that much more when you are rested and relaxed!!

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

I also agree with a comment above...I don't think it matters that they are blue! Maybe you could put them in a pink muffin cup thingie.

Amber said...

I only stopped by school for about 30 min., and I didn't make food b/c I just didn't have time, but it was fine...nice to see everyone before summer and show off the kid. :)

Christine said...

Courtney,
I'm sorry I'm just now commenting on LOST!! This was our last week of school so it's been hectic around here. LOST was crazy. I still can't quit thinking about it. I just keep thinking about Jack and how he turned out and wanted to go back. I can't believe we have to wait so long. It will seem like forever!! I heard that next season will not be on the island. Interesting?!
It will be good for you to get a day. My Will had such a hard time when I left him with ANYONE!!! b/c I didn't early enough. He wouldn't go to my parents, Len's parents, the nursery at church, or even to my friends. We don't have family here so he was just so used to being with us. It made it very hard for us to leave him. He's been doing so much better since he started going to miss teresa. I think it will make the separation anxiety stage much better for you!

The Kosko Family said...

i have been laughing so hard at the little video of will! he is ADORABLE! and i can't believe time has flown so fast! you were just pregnant and now he is so big!

i will hopefully see you tuesday night!!!