Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I'm going to miss these girls...

Me, Tara, Diane, and Christa - we can't believe that the five years have passed so quickly and residency is over!
Me, Rachel, and Lori - such great friends!
Deidre and Kendy - gorgeous ladies!
Our lovely hostess' Rachel and Lori


Last night we had our last ortho wives dinner at my friend Lori's house. Years ago the wives of the ortho residents started a monthly get together where they would get together to eat dinner, talk, and hang out. I am so thankful for it because these girls have become my best friends. It was so nice to have other girls going through the same things I was. They understood how frustrating it is when your husband works 110 hour weeks and you see them for maybe 30 minutes a day. They understand when you cancel plans with them at the last minute because your husband actually got finished earlier than expected. Granted as they went through the program the easier it got, but that second year of residency they literally worked 110-120 hour weeks. Isn't that insane! Anyway, here are a few pictures from last night!

9 comments:

The Kosko Family said...

i'm going to miss you!!!!

thanks for photoshopping my "tharms" out of the picture!!!

Becky said...

That really is insane how many hours the residents have to put in. One of my best friend's husbands here is just finishing up his 2nd year of residency, and I can't believe how much he is gone! Good thing you had your girls!!!! :) Cute pics!

Stacy said...

Ahhhh........fun memories. It is tough leaving a group of friends that you've been through so much with.

caroline G said...

That is unbelievable how many hours they put in!!! When do they sleep? It is just like on TV.

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

Are you guys moving?

Angie said...

It's so hard to say goodbye to all the friends...but so easy to say goodbye to all the extra work hours for our hubbies! :)

Brad was gone a lot in med school, so I have 3 more years of residency, and then I'll have him back (a little more) again!

Where are you guys headed?

Dee-Dee said...

I know a lot of those girls have been great friends to you and that you will miss them a lot!

Abigail and Ansley said...

What special friendships!!!

The Hadfields said...

How nice that you guys have had each other to lean on!! I'm sure your friendships will last for a long, long time!