Thursday, August 09, 2007

My New Favorite Thing...

Fine silver oval with "h" initial charm ("Love My Baby" necklace), jade stone dangle (other stones available) with 18" sterling silve chain. $25

I know the name is silly, but it is great necklace for moms with their child/childrens intials, monogram, or name. Or it is a modern twist on monogrammable jewelry and put your own initials, you and your husbands, whatever.... You can also choose your shape of charm to be monogrammed!
Fine silver oval with "h and s" initial charms ("Love My Two Babies" necklace) with 18" sterling silver chain. $28
Each additional charm $4
Stone dangles $1
Fine silver oval with "h" initial charm ("Love My Baby" necklace) with 18" sterling silver chain. $24

Fine silver oval charm with beaded texture with 18" sterling silver chain. $22

Fine silver star charm with 18" sterling silver chain. $22

Fine silver square charm with hammered texture with 18" sterling silver chain. $22

Fine silver upside-down tear shape charm with 18" sterling silver chain. $22

Fine silver layered circle on oval charm with 18"sterling silver chain. $25


Fine silver Multi-charm necklace with 18" sterling silver chain. $40
(choose any shapes, email for questions)



The other night I took a jewelry class on PMC (precious metal clay). PMC is made of silver or gold finest powder form, water and a non-toxic binder that has a clay, putty-like consistency. So you can form it like clay and create whatever you want, put textures in it, initials, etc. When fired (oh yeah I got to play with a butane torch!) to the right temperature, the water and binder singe and burn-off as the metal fuses together. Leaving your creation in 99.9% pure silver or gold with the original shape, textures and details intact. This is different from sterling silver which is an alloy (combo) of silver and copper. That is why you see .925 stamped on that jewelry and .999 on fine silver. Sterling being mixed with copper is why it tarnishes whereas fine silver will not!

So I am so excited about this stuff because I can create my own charms, pendents, rings, etc.! This is exactly what I have been looking for and have already made some things.

I love small, understated, simple jewelry. I like it when a piece can be worn everyday and goes with just about anything. I also like for it to have a little meaning behind it. If you care, these are some of my jewelry inspirations...love Rebecca Lankford, Jennifer Fisher, Me and Ro, Adina, and Lena Wald. While I love their pieces they aren't exactly what I would call affordable, except for special occasions maybe... So I want to make my stuff affordable, but still look great. My next goal is to learn how to set stones in the PMC which is possible, just may have to invest in a small kiln.

Sorry for the long ramble...here are some things I have made. All of the charms are small, about half an inch long or less. I do any shape, larger sizes, one initial or a whole monogram or name, add stone dangles, you can design your own for that matter! 24k gold can be done as well, obviously the price will go up a good bit! Can you tell I am excited about this stuff???

14 comments:

The Hadfields said...

I love it Courtney!! And I think it's great that you have found something that you love to do!! (and are good at) I seriously want to make an order! I will soon.......

josh and darci said...

I love this!!!! What a great gift for moms or mommies-to-be. Could you do two disks, each with a monogram??

the robertsons said...

Courtney!! I love this jewelry!! I'm so proud of you. It would be so fun for you to open a shop someday. I would really love to be involved, so we could go to market together!

The Kosko Family said...

LOVE IT! i have to have the love my 2 babies necklace when we know what we're having and what the name with be....

Laurie said...

Your talent is just blowing me away! Your stuff is just as pretty if not more than some of those really pricey designers. I am going to order a necklace soon...

Dee-Dee said...

Love it all! Great job, Courtney. It looks like you are really making your talent a unique art! I am proud (and lucky to be one of the first to get to wear some of your cool stuff - being family and all - HaHa!) :)

lyla said...

I WANT ONE COURTNEY!!! i want the love my two babies necklace with an M and an L as fast as you can make it! i would love the jade on it, or brown, or a pearl... i get so many compliments on my nest necklace too--i love it! I CAN"T WAIT FOR SEPTEMBER!

Lincoln said...

Love them Courtney! I really love Jennifer Fisher and Adina jewelry too, but those pieces can rank right up there with a mortgage payment! Ouch!

Ryan said...

Your necklaces are beautiful!!! Try Sam's blog now...they changed the name from ourjourneytoourbabygirl to ourjourneytoourbaby...since they are now adopting from Japan, they don't know if they'll have a boy or a girl!! Your jewlery really does look great!!

Becky said...

Woo Hoo!! Love it! I want one too, just let me think about what shape, size, etc... so fun!! And let me know when you get those one beads in, because I still love those earrings I ordered earlier!!! :)

Stacy said...

You are just the jack of all trades. I'm seeing some awesome Christmas presents to order....

Rachel said...

Courtney- You can pick up the basic signs anywhere. I bet if you ask, several people could show you. Or, you could find them online.

I learned from Danielle.

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

how pretty. what great baby gifts!

Amanda Conley said...

Thanks for your comment! I like your necklaces. Do you live in Nashville? I used to teach several jewelry making classes at a couple of places here in town, and I wondered if you had taken your class at one of them. Keep up the good work! Oh, and your baby is adorable!