Monday, September 24, 2007

A Visit from MiMi...

Will and Mimi in the "sunflowers."
Family photo after church!
Renee's (Mimi) necklace made of tricolor agate, yellow jade, and gold filled large link chain with matching earrings! It was fun to make, I haven't done a necklace like that in a while!


This past weekend Michael's mom came to visit. We had so much fun. We went for a bike ride, went out to eat, shopped a little, and had fun just hanging out! Will got some quality time with his Mimi. I posted a picture of Will and Mimi in the "sunflower patch." She went for a walk earlier that day and told us she wanted to get a picture of her and Will next to the "biggest sunflowers she had ever seen." Bear in mind she saw them from afar...so we walked up to where she saw them, and well as you can see they were not real, but they were really big! I thought that was a funny story. We also went to the bead shop amd she "commisioned" me to do a couple of necklaces for her so I posted a picture of that as well! Thanks for coming to see us Mimi we love you!

Oh yeah, something else VERY important happened this weekend! Michael got his board scores back and passed!!!!!!! It was such a relief, it is a really big deal and it was very stressful for him waiting on those scores for two months. So now he is board certified! Yay! Michael, I am so proud of you and love you SO much!

17 comments:

The Hadfields said...

Looks like Will loves his Mimi!! Congrats to Michael, what an accomplishment!!! YAY!!

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

What great news! I know you guys are so relived and thankful! Congrats to Micheal and to you because I am sure he could not have done it without your support Courtney! That is funny about the sunflowers.

Heather said...

Congrats to Michael! What an accomplishment!
Will is too cute! He's such a little butterball! Absolutly adorable!-Heather

Ryan said...

Way to go, Michael!!! It is always so fun to have a grandmother visit. That's a great picture of Will and his Mimi!!!

lyla said...

congrats michael! we love you! jon had his scrubs on last night and lilly busted out with,"dr michael give you those? sure?" the necklace is GORGEOUS! i may "need" one of those! cute pics--the sunflower story cracks me up--it sounds like something that would happen to me.

josh and darci said...

Will has the youngest-looking grandmothers! Glad you had a fun weekend. It's always nice having family come to visit!

Becky said...

Yay Michael! That is awesome!! What a relief!!! And LOVE the jewelry you made! Beautiful! Glad you had fun with Mimi!! :)

Charlie and Jennifer Senn said...

Michael's mom is so pretty and looks so young. Also, congrats to Michael on passing the boards!!

Angie said...

Huge congrats on being board certified! Brad will have to start studying for his test sometime soon-- I dread it! Love the sunflower story. :) And when my sister sees that necklace you made..... well just get some goods in stock for Christmas! :) So pretty!

the robertsons said...

Congrats Michael! I know he is so glad to have that behind him. I love the sunflower story, and when I first looked at the picture I thought they were real. By the way, love the shades.

Julie said...

I love all the beach pics! What a cute family! I'm putting an order in on cak-I've been meaning to do this for a long time!

Jillina said...

Congrats Michael!

Amanda Conley said...

I was going to say "Whoa! Those are the biggest sunflowers that I have ever seen!" Then I scrolled down and read your story. I had to go back and do a double take! Ha!
Thanks for your comment. Hope the bread turns out good!

Jennifer said...

Congrats to all of you, especially Michael! I know that you all are very relieved and proud!

Stacy said...

Way to go Michael! What an acomplishment (and relief!) Grandparent visits are the best-what a fun weekend!

Dee-Dee said...

Mom had the best time visiting you guys. She has not quit talking about Will. I love his orange football outfit! Good job on the jewelry - it looks like something Mom would wear. Of course he passed...

Ashley, Ryan and Sam said...

Great Job Michael, I know how relieved I felt after passing my board exam. It is definatly stressful! Congrats to you too Courtney for all your support to Michael! What a beautiful family and fun time with MiMi! AShley