Tuesday, October 23, 2007

My Man...

1.Who is your man? Michael

2. How long have you been married? 6 years in January

3. How long did you date? Almost 2 years...long distance the entire time! Long distance was hard. I cried a lot and hated we couldn't have a "normal" relationship. This led to a 12 hour breakup - (Lyla, Casey, and Mom, you remember that night right, HA!). Michael's mom and Dee Dee found out and when Michael called to talk to them they called him an idiot! It is a really funny story now. It was even funny after that 12 hours! He said he didn't want me to be miserable, etc. He was being humane?

4. How old is your man? 33

5. Who eats more? We both like to eat. Depending on what it is I can hold my own.

6. Who said "I love you" first? This is really bad, but neither of us know for sure! We are quite certain it happened on the phone. Basically our relationship consisted of LONG phone calls and visits on the weekends!

7. Who is taller? Michael

8. Who sings better? I do. It makes me laugh when Michael sings. However, the man has rhthym he plays the drums and the guitar - I am retarded at both.

9. Who is smarter? Oh Michael by a long shot. I have to give myself some credit - there are things I know more about. :)

10. Whose temper is worse? Michael. I shut down, silent treatment, etc. mature I know. I am not confrontational at all.

11. Who does the laundry? I do.

12. Who takes out the trash? Michael. I think it's a man's job.

13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I used to sleep on the right, but we recently switched sides and I am sleeping so much better...

14. Who handles the bills? I do, but lately he has been helping!

15. Who is better on the computer? Michael, but I am learning by building my new jewelry website and I know more about blogging!

16. Who mows the lawn? Michael used to, but this year he is off the hook.

17. Who cooks dinner? I cook, Michael grills. He also cooks breakfast on the weekends. He makes the best omelets!

18. Who drives when you are together? Michael, on trips too!

19. Who pays when you go out? Whoever isn't dealing with Will!

20. Who is more stubborn? We are both pretty laid back. Neither one of us has to have our way all of the time.

21. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? Michael

22. Whose families do you see most? We try to divide the time pretty evenly, especially holidays. I guess I have been home more lately than in Nashville.

23. Who kissed who first? Michael kissed me. We actually ended our date and he was gone for 15 minutes or so. So I was getting ready for bed, brushed my teeth, put in my retainer (yes, I still wear a retainer, you would too if you had the gap I had before braces!) and I hear a knock on my door. I have been told that I am "hard to read" so I guess he just really needed to know if I was interested - didn't have time to waste in med school. So anyway, he came back for a kiss - with my retainer on my teeth, oh yeah that's hot...

24. Who asked who out first? Michael

25. Who proposed? Michael of course. Funny story, I was on my way up to see him in Johnson City and his mom said she had a care package for him and wanted me to take it to him. So I carry this box up, etc. Anyway, my engagement ring was in that box. He was originally going to propose on the weekend of graduation, but my ring wasn't in - it came in late.

26. Who is more sensitive? Michael is a sensitive guy, but I think I am probably more sensitive. Especially after becoming a mom, I can cry for someone at the drop of a hat, especially anything involving children.

27. Who has more friends? Probably about the same.

28. Who has more siblings? Michael, brother and a sister - I have one bro.

29. Who wears the pants in the family? Michael, but he always wants my opinion on things.

30. Who is the biggest pushover with the kids? We are both pretty smitten with Will, to be continued.

I feel like most everyone has been tagged - so if you read this I tag you!

11 comments:

Becky said...

yay! Good answers! I haven't done one of these yet... I'll have to sit down and do it soon... so fun to read! I love the engagement story! How funny!!!

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

That was fun to read! Ashley tagged me, but I told her I am not putting it on our blog, it has nothing to do with our adoption! Hope your week is going well.

Griner Mom said...

These have been pretty interesting to read. I like the 12 hr. break up story. I love being able to look back at things and laugh! Ashley

Heather B Mc said...

That is great that he makes omlets. I love breakfast on the weekends. We usually go to the pantry. Coming back for the kiss 15 minutes later is pretty funny. Can you kiss in your retainer? At least you got to brush your teeth.
Only a twelve hour break up in 2 years is pretty impressive in my book.

Heather said...

Too funny! I can't believe ya'll have been married 6 years now!!!

lyla said...

great list! BOY do i remember the breakup night. i don't think i'll ever forget it. i had forgotten your engagement story--so cute!

Renee Guest said...

that was fun to read. you both acutally sound similiar to me and my husband in a lot of ways. You two sound like a great couple!!

the robertsons said...

I, too, remember the break-up night, and it was a LONG night! We all had some crazy nights like those. It was the shortest break-up in history! You guys had the least amount of drama in our house. I love the first kiss story-- it's like a movie. I loved reading the list.

Anonymous said...

I remember the break-up too. You came to eat lunch with me at work the next day:( It was pretty pitiful. Your list was fun to read.

Dee-Dee said...

I forgot about you carrying that ring up for yourself! That is really funny now. The breakup is kind of funny, too. I have never seen you more upset to this day... hysterics. Yes, he was an idiot... Mom and I just call em' like we see em' haha!

Anonymous said...

I will always remember the break up. 4:30 a.m. calls are not easy to forget.
Mom