Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Growing so fast...

I found my shadow!
cookie....yum!





I took these pictures today and when I looked at them I wasn't looking at a baby anymore!!!! Will is growing so fast and doing something new everyday. He is so much fun. Trying at times, but nobody said being a parent is easy. Right now his favorite things to do are climbing the stairs, throwing things down the stairs (over the gate), throwing everything (overhand), playing with his trucks, messing with the blinds, running around and going where HE wants to go, reading books, getting in the refrigerator, and did I mention throwing things? He did have me in tears last night. It was storming and about 11:00. Michael and I were going to bed and Will wakes up. I go in there lay him back down, he pops back up...so okay maybe the lightening is scaring him. So I took him in our room to lay down until he fell back asleep. Didn't happen. Put him back in his bed he screams, throws bear-bear and his pacy out of the crib, go give it all back, lay him down. He doesn't want to lay down screams, try to rock him, didn't want to be rocked, wanted down. We go through the whole cycle again. Daddy comes in reads a few books, lays him down, he screams and pops back up....do you see where this is heading??? Well he did this one other time last week. He woke up around 12:45 and didn't fall back asleep (neither did we) until around 3:30...I attributed it to teething, a few sips of daddy's coke at dinner, and maybe getting sick. Didn't happen again, until last night. So I decided he just had to cry it out. Then I worried because I couldn't hear him, blah blah blah. Anyway, I was so frustrated and was really losing my patience and started crying (we have been so spoiled because he has always been a great sleeper). I don't think I have cried from that kind of frustration since he was a newborn. Michael comes in sees me crying and saves the day. Somehow Will decides he wanted daddy to rock him and he fell asleep around 1:30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


So my theory is....he woke up and since I took him in our room and we talked to him etc. he got more awake and felt like he had just had a nice 4 hour nap. So he was ready to go!!!! Anyway, we are keeping our fingers crossed for tonight - hopefully it won't happen again,this week anyway. Have any of you experienced this and what did you do????????????

15 comments:

josh and darci said...

He's so cute and is getting so big! It's weird that you posted this because we have been having very similar problems at our house. Brax has always been a great sleeper, but now wakes up in the middle of the night ready to play. We've told him that he can't come out of his room, so I find him each morning with the overhead light on and sleeping on the floor. I don't know what to do either. Sometimes he's awake for hours! Must be in the air... This was a really long post :)

Mandy said...

First of all...those pictures of Will are absolutely adorable! He's changing so much and looks like such a big boy. Secondly..you need to talk to Melanie - her girls get up in the middle of the night like that. I'm sure she'll leave a message about that. I know it's so frustrating! I think it's worse when the weather is bad - you're already on edge and Will probably could sense that too. Hang in there - it's just a phase and this too shall pass!!!

Sandra said...

Isn't it fun how they are so much more "baby" in pajamas than they are in their big boy clothes. He is so photgenic. Enjoy him every minute. Mrs. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Hey...this happened to us a couple of weeks ago. Waverley was on a medication that hurt his stomach some. I was up with him for 2 hours one night and then he proceeded to wake up the next night. I just had to let him cry it out by the third night. Although yours are more random...might just be a phase.

Pablo y Raquel said...

Courtney he's just precious!
Aaliyah does this every once in a while. It usually takes Daddy going in there to tell her that it's not time to be awake and she needs to go back to sleep (I think she takes him more seriously). Sometimes she stays awake perfectly happy and chats to herself a bit and then goes back to sleep. We try not to get her out of her bed for the same reason you commented about Will waking up more. It can get frustrating for sure though. Could be a tooth is waking him or something. Even after 4 kiddos I don't always have them figured out I'm afraid. They are all so different and can be different from week to week at times!

By the way I got my necklace yesterday...it's just PERFECT!! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

Rachel

Angie said...

Sounds like our house now! Once Emily nurses, she's ready to go. Her eyes are wide open and bright. I'm too tired to do anything at night, which often frustrates her and throws her into a fit. I'm finally getting to the point where I lay her back down in her bed and let her fuss herself back to sleep. I wish babies came with instructions! I'm constantly asking Brad if I did the right thing, and his response.... I don't know!
The pictures are beautiful. You're right- he's looking so big!

Griner Mom said...

Will pics look so good! He really is growing up and looking like a toddler instead of a little baby. My only advice would be not to worry. I think sometimes even little ones just have bad nights where they don't sleep good. Just like we do. I am sure it won't become a nightly routine. It's amazing how at every age, kids just have a mind of their own. If they don't want to sleep, then they won't, not too good for the mommy and daddy though :)
I got my necklace and it looks great! Thanks again so much!!

Jodi Brinkley said...

That fourth picture is amazing. He looks sooooooooo big! I told you don't blink because it would happen overnight. That night time issue is so tough. Aren't you so thankful that you have a wonderful husband to come to the rescue?

thesemanchiks said...

Ok Courtney, I totally know the getting frustrated thing. Every mom has felt that same way you did, so you aren't only. I think that children just go through phases. Lauryn has and does occassionally wake in the middle of the night. But typically we just don't go in there. B/c like you siad they just think it's time to get up and play. One time I did go in there, I just handed her the paci back and said it's not time to get up and night night and walked out. I heard a few more things, but then she went to sleep. Just last night, I heard her one time, she was saying ma-ma. But I just didn't go in there. She went on back to sleep on her own. Thank goodness for cribs though! B/c otherwise they'd be up and roaming the house. Ha Ha Tonight will be better for ya'll, I just know it :)

Sallie said...

Hey! just wanted to say thank you for the website advice! I'm checking it out and hope to have the shopping cart added to my website soon! let me know when you need that baby gift! thanks again!

Heather said...

Oh goodness. That stinks to put it nicely!
First of all, the shadow pic is so cute! And look at all those teeth! Speaking of teeth....that could be a cause. I wouldn't panic yet. It was only 1 night. Hopefully tonight will be better. If it continues let us know! I am sure I could write a book on the night waking!!!

Charlie and Jennifer Senn said...

those picture of Will remind me sooooo much of Michael and Your Dad mixed. ...hopefully the nights and days will get straight.

Valerie said...

He is so beautiful!! Dale has been sick for the past week, so it has been a similar situation at my house. Nothing that I do seems to help him- he is just generally unhappy, it sucks and it is very frustrating!

Dee-Dee said...

I feel your frustration. I hope it is getting better. Beau has decided that 4am is the time to get up this past week, and it is so frustrating. I wish I had some really good advice, but I can't figure out the best way to get him to quit either. OH MAN - those picture are RIDICULOUS! Is he, like, 5 all of the sudden or what? I have got to get up there... He is such a little man now. He and Beau would really have a blast together now... Call you soon!

Anonymous said...

What a precious little boy. He looks so sweet and cuddly. I can't picture him putting anything but a smile on your face. :). Funny you say that about Will waking up because Avery slept horrible last night. Around 4:30 she wakes up crying. I put a pacifier in her mouth. She talks to herself, cries a little more and then seems to fall back asleep. 5 AM, there she goes again. I went in 3 times to put a pacifier in her mouth until I realized she was just going to spit it right back out. After that....she just had to cry. I never picked her up and even ended up turing the volume down on the monitor because I could certainly hear her down the hallway. Anyways, she must have dozed on and off and cried on and off until 7 AM when I finally got her out of the bed. I guess it is just one of those things....however, I am committed to leaving her in the bed as long as I know she is safe and OK. The frustrating part is just laying in bed listening to them cry because if she isn't sleeping, neither are we. Ugh.....