Monday, December 10, 2007

Week in Atlanta...

Nice beard, Santa...

The Birthday Girl!
Sam, Kyle, Ashley, Ryan, and I. It was so great to see you girls!
Will really liked playing under the table with Uncle Kyle!

So Will and I had a great week in Atlanta. We both were spoiled, which is always nice! I once again did not take many pictures! I am going to have to be better about it this Christmas! Here are a few pics from the week. Will saw Santa for the first time and my parent's church. He really liked him. He liked to play with his beard and the ball on his hat. We can get him to say Santa now! He was exhausted after the church Christmas party - he could hardly keep his eyes open! We will take him to see Santa again at Lennox over Christmas and he will get to ride the Pink Pig. That should be fun! My mom and dad of course were in "Will Heaven." They are so crazy about that child! I am so glad he has such wonderful grandparents on BOTH sides! He is one blessed baby!


I met up with Ada for lunch one day. We ate, shopped and talked. My mom and I ate dinner with Charlotte Justice (mom's good friend!) and shopped with her for her birthday. We had so much fun - Will wasn't really into shopping, but he loved it when we were in Shenanigan's Toys. He loved playing with all the toys. Mrs. Justice also gave Will the cutest book for Christmas called, "If You See A Kitten." It has all these different animals and a sound you should make when you see one. Her grandson loved it and decided Will had to have one too. So sweet of her! Friday night we went to a tour of homes with my mom and friends from church. There was only one good house on the whole tour. In years past it has been better. The good mexican food we ate after that made up for it though!!!


Saturday morning we all drove up to Nashville for Mary Paul's 1st Birthday. It was fun catching up with old friends and family. Mary Paul had a big time. She blew out her candle and then just pinched off icing and ate it so nicely. Unlike Will's handfuls! Ha! She got lots of presents and attention which she loved! She was such the entertainer. That night I spent the night with my mother in law. We stayed up a while "talking shop." She was teaching me about how to solder (which would be handy in my jewelry making) and showing me the greatest place to buy jewelry findings. I taught her about how I make my initial charms so she order the supplies and is going to use it with her minitures (she is a guilded miniturist, I think I totally spelled that wrong).


Here is the bad news - we left bear-bear at my mother in law's house. Bear-Bear is Will's stuffed bear that apparently (after last night's experience) he cannot sleep without. I tried giving him other stuffed animals, he wouldn't even touch them. He rubs bear-bear's ears at night to fall asleep and just hugs and loves on that bear. THANK GOODNESS Renee Fed-Exed it yesterday - so we should have it for bedtime tonight!!!! I knew he was attached to that bear, but know we really know how much! So if any of you have the little tan and white bear from Pottery Barn Kids last year that you are not using - I WILL PAY YOU WHATEVER YOU WANT, jewelry, cash, whatever! I obviously need a spare bear-bear. I can't find another one anywhere. I may post a pic of him (mom's idea) to put the word out! Ha!


Okay I will quit rambling now...

11 comments:

Jodi Brinkley said...

It was great seeing you and Will. He's growing so quickly. My girls enjoyed entertaining him at church. Definitely get a spare bear-bear. Our spare Lamb came in handy on many occasions!

lyla said...

Sooo cute! poor little will wondering where bear-bear was :( good luck finding one--mamie is getting a spare silky bunny for christmas so we don't have to cut it in half (ha!). looks like you guys had a blast in atlanta. the pictures with santa are precious.

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

It was fun to see you after such a long time. Your pics are great and Will is so cute. I know you are glad to be home!

Dee-Dee said...

I love the new pictures. Do you like his outfit (I see it came...)? I love Beau's - it is so roomy and comfy...I hope his bear gets there today! It looks like you had a great time at home! Atlanta sounds like fun at Christmas time...

Anonymous said...

it was so good to see you. sorry stella didn't get to come. i hope we can work something out over christmas. glad you made it home safely. talk to you soon. is will feeling better?

Heather said...

Looks like a fun busy week. I enjoyed hanging out w/ you Friday night! Take care & see you soon! :)

moshieraj said...

Thank goodness for Fed-Ex! Just think a story to tell at his wedding! I'm glad he liked Santa!

Julie said...

cute pictures-glad you had a good trip-hope you find a bear!

Mandy said...

Hope Will got his bear in time! I'm glad you had a fun week in Atlanta - I know your parents loved having you there and are missing you lots already! Mom said she had so much fun with you guys!! Hope to see you soon - come to Memphis!

Valerie said...

Hey girl! Sent you an email, but I was not sure if you got it. Supposed to go back to the hill on Jan 22- not looking forward to it at all. I am going to miss Dale so much! I love staying home with him- he has changed my outlook so much.

The Parker Family said...

I wish I had a bear-bear to give you. Jackson has a lambie that he cannot sleep without. We always have a lambie check when we go somewhere. Andy had to search the streets of Gatlinburg in the snow for him two years ago. I can feel your pain. Good luck finding a replacement...maybe Ebay?