Tuesday, December 04, 2007

SEC Championship

This picture shows how we felt after the game. Michael's face is really heart felt. It took him a little while to get over the loss. Actually I really don't know that he is over it yet...maybe the title will be UT's next year! :)

Michael, Will, and I traveled down to Atlanta this past weekend for the SEC Championship game. My parents kept Will for us for the night so that we could go to the game and spend the night away! We had a blast. We weren't so happy with the outcome of the game, but it was still fun! We got a room at TWELVE hotel in Atlantic Station. It was a crazy room (I guess it was really more of a suite), it had a full kitchen, living area, bedroom, bathroom and had a balcony with the best view of Atlanta. We haven't done anything like that in a while so we of course enjoyed every minute of it! We missed Will, but I don't think he missed us. Mom and dad kept him super busy with a Christmas party at church where he met Santa. They also played in the yard in the leaves,etc. I don't think he wanted us to come back! Anyway, I am staying here this week then driving up to Nashville for Mary Paul's 1st Birthday. More pics to come...

15 comments:

Heather said...

What a cute pic!
Will looked adorable in his Christmas outfit & red coat Sunday. We missed you Sunday night. Maybe I'll get to see you Wed. night. Have a fun week!!

caroline G said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
caroline G said...

The game was SUCH a BUMMER!!! I really wanted UT to win! Glad you had a fun time...despite the loss.

Angie said...

Oooo- a real date night. I'm completely jealous! :)

Griner Mom said...

I must say we were not too sad after the game....but don't hold it against me this weekend. I am glad ya'll had some time alone. That hotel looks really nice! Looking forward to seeing you this weekend!

thesemanchiks said...

Have a great week with your parents! It's wonderful to be around family!

Anonymous said...

Glad you were able to go to the game and have a night away. We enjoyed seeing Will Sunday. He was so cute in his Christmas outfit! You can tell your mom and dad love having him here.

Mandy said...

I'm so glad you and Michael had a night of fun in ATL! Even though TN lost...I'm sure you still had a blast! I hate that we're not going to get to see you this week - make sure to have some extra fun for me on my mom's b'day. Can't wait to see pics of Will from this week with your parents.

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

Sounds like a fun time, even though they lost. But hey, its just a game! See you this weekend.

Jodi Brinkley said...

Will was a doll Sunday. Enjoyed spending time with him. I can't believe you're in town for over a week, and we're not gonna manage to see you. Missed you at church tonight.

caroline G said...

I love that ottoman too! I was blessed with not only an awesome hubby, but inlaws who owned an antique store until about 6 months ago. Them retiring and closing it was one of the saddest days of our lives!

Amber said...

Yay!!! I can't wait to see the necklace. That was quick, girl.

The Diddles said...

I know what you mean about the game-Walker looked like that too I'm sure! That's crazy that yall ran in to him on the way down to the game!:) Take Care!
Meghan

Dee-Dee said...

That picture is great. Toby would have fit right in with it. I am so glad you guys had a real night out. It sounds so nice. I know your parents enjoyed some one-on-one time with Will, too!

Amanda Conley said...

Your trip sounds fun! And that's a cute picture - even with your sad faces!;)