Thursday, December 13, 2007

What time is it?


So this morning I hear Will making noise in his room. It was around 6:30. Normally he gets up around 7:15-7:30 everyday. So when he wakes up early he is usually just looking for his pacifier so I go in there lay him back down and give him his pacy. I did that this morning and he went back to sleep. Michael left around 8:00 and Will and I were still asleep. Finally I wake up and felt VERY rested. Hmmm...I usually don't feel like that in the morning (I have got to get in bed earlier), so I thought it was strange. I get up and look at my watch (I don't have a clock in my room, how crazy is that?) and it is 11:20!!!!! That can't be right so I walk downstairs and look at the clock on the microwave...11:20. I get kind of panicked and go in Will's room. He was still sound asleep, so of course I wake him up - check him out to make sure he is okay and he is. What in the world - he has never done that before and I didn't think I was capable of sleeping that late anymore! The only thing we can figure is that he had a busy last week, had a few nights of bad sleep without bear-bear, is getting over a cold, and just got the last round of his flu shot yesterday. Oh yeah, he also took a two hour nap... Anyone else experienced this with your child????

17 comments:

Angie said...

I can't believe he slept so late.... I bet you feel better after getting rested!

lyla said...

how cute is that hat!? he looks like a gap ad. jon about wet his pants laughing when i told him about your sleep-in. that is too funny! are you sure you didn't give him a little something ELSE with his paci? a few tablespoons of benadryl maybe? just consider that will's little christmas present to you! and no, i can't say i have experienced either one of mine sleeping until lunchtime--you lucky duck.

Amanda Conley said...

I wish!

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

Sounds odd, but nice!

Dee-Dee said...

I think he just needed some rest like the rest of us do sometimes! There has been a lot going on in his little world lately... I love the picture. He is so cute. Oh - I think I would like you to make another necklace for someone if you wouldn't mind...I'll call you...

Heather said...

LOL.....how nice! I would be freaking out if I woke up & saw 11:20 on the clock too! Sounds like you both just needed to catch up on some rest!!!

thesemanchiks said...

Wow - just feel lucky I guess! Never, ever had that happen. Hope you all are well!! What's your new address? Email me...

Mandy said...

That's happened to me - and I wake up feeling rested and good...and think what in the world??? Take what you can get!!! He's the cutest in that hat - I agree...GAP ad, for sure!

The Hadfields said...

No. Sophie has NEVER done that. Lucky you!

Christine said...

First of all, that is the sweetest picture ever! I cannot believe your story. Brooke and I talked about it this afternoon! He must have been one tired boy!! Did you feel like you were in the twilight zone?? I hope he isn't coming down with something. The only time Will ever slept that long when he was one was when he had RSV and a high fever. I'm glad you got some rest!

Jennifer said...

NO, and I am totally jealous!! That would be the best gift since we have had very little sleep b/c we have all been so sick!

Jodi Brinkley said...

Love the hat. If possible, I think he gets cuter every day. I'll never forget the first time Reagan slept 8 straight hours. I woke up to see daylight and ran across the house thinking my baby must be dead. Horrible thought I know, but she had never slept through the night up to that point.

Jillina said...

We still have days like that every once in a while. I wake up in a wild panic and William is sleeping away. Someone told me that means they are getting ready for a growth spurt? Who knows. It's nice though isn't it.

Anonymous said...

Hey...I agree. A little strange, but nice. We have finally got a blog too. Check us out at leskelamak.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Yeah, things are good here at SH. You know, the same old stuff. We have lots of new teachers again. We can't seem to keep new teachers around very long. Will is getting so big himself! What a precious boy. I know that you two are so proud. Isn't motherhood great?? It's tiring, but great. I can't believe ya'll are in Atlanta. Sounds like things are going well there. I still have a lot to figure out about this blog stuff. Will you let Amber know that I have one? Her's is private so I can't let her know myself. Well, I better run. I am writing this in the middle of exams...ha...talk to you later.

Anonymous said...

Avery and I don't have that problem yet. We are pretty much up between 6:30 & 7 every day. BTW - we have that little hat too. Avery wears it when we go walking and it is chilly outside. We they meet, we will get a pic of the 2 of them in their hats.

Heather B Mc said...

That is absolutely insane that he slept to 11:20. Brooks has never ever done that and am pretty sure he never will. That is great that you got some extra sleep. All moms need it.