Tuesday, January 01, 2008

What a deal...

The January markdowns have begun:) I escaped today from the continuous stream of football games today (not that I am hating on football, but anyone can get worn out from two days of that!). Anyway, I knew there would be some New Year's Day sales today so I went to the mall to spend some gift cards. Found a few things, but I am most excited about my new lamp. I was looking around Pottery Barn and a while back I had bought some of the iron botanical pillar candle holders so I saw this big iron botanical lamp on sale. $29!!!! Marked down from $150. I couldn't believe it. I asked them if something was wrong with it and he said no I have a few more in the back! Wooohooo. They also had buffet lamps like it for $21! They also had the lamp shades for $8.99. Not bad for a nice lamp,huh. Well I say all that to tell you that I was talking to my mom and told her about my steal, so she went to the website to look at it and they had it on sale for $99!!! So I wonder if they keep things higher on the website to cash in on all of those that do not have a store in town? Shady, shady...get it???




We did watch the Outback Bowl today and were happy about UT's win. Throughout the season Michael would get Buffalo Wild Wings for game day. Everytime he had wings they won. So he had to keep it going today by getting wings. We discovered someone else in the house has a love for Buffalo Wild Wings' asian zing wings...Really I promise I feed my child well. You may wonder after seeing this picture and remembering the video I posted of him crawling for donuts. These wings had some kick - we couldn't believe he was eating them, off the bone mind you..




I just liked this picture of my little man...
Happy New Year everybody!

14 comments:

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

The lamp is pretty! Congrats on your deal!

Mandy said...

Love finding good deals like that! I'm heading out some today - getting stir crazy around the house. We were leaving last night for dinner and out for awhile and our friends came over...not that I was disappointed because with family in town we hadn't seen them much, but I was SO ready to escape a little while. Anyways, glad you got out. We were happy about the UT win as well. Happy New Year!

Dee-Dee said...

I love a good deal. You are an especially good good deal finder. The lamp is very pretty. I wish we had PB and PBK here...something to look forward to when I go back home I guess. Will is so funny - still loving to eat!

Angie said...

What a steal on the lamp! I totally think they differ prices according to location, etc. I can't believe Will likes wings-- too funny!

The Diddles said...

Great job on the lamps! I need to go look at Pottery Barn! Will is too cute. I hope Murphy will be a good eater too- so far he's never met a bottle he didn't like... haha
We go to the dr. tomorrow for his 4 mo. check-up, so maybe she will give the go-ahead to start trying rice cereal!
Meg

Laurie said...

Will is becoming so handsome!!! I know about the necklace...my life is so insane right now, but I will get it to you eventually. You are the best!!

Jennifer said...

What a great deal! Hope you all have a great 2008!

Heather said...

I LOVE a good deal!!! You go girl!!

Stacy said...

You always find the great deals! I made a quick trip to the mall for shoes on sale-no luck! Happy New Year!

Ryan said...

That is a great deal. I was at Pottery Barn on New Year's Day and did not see any deals nearly that great. Lucky you!!!

Anonymous said...

Will looks so much like a little boy and not like a baby. I can't believe how much he has changed. The lamp is great. I have not done much post-Christmas shopping yet. I hope I don't miss all the good deals - although, that is usually how it goes these days.

The Hadfields said...

He is looking so big now Courtney!! Happy New Years to you too!!

Jodi Brinkley said...

Wow what a deal. Will is as cute as ever. He always has the most adorable pajamas.

Sarah said...

What a steal!! Will is going to be breaking hearts all over town! Happy New Year!